Feast of Fish
Asylum Murder Clues
The night Orderly Rick Maldrich reported the incident at the Fairfield Police Department at roughly 12:30am.
I recall seeing the intruders’ faces clearly, but can’t remember any details right now; I may have a concussion. There were 5 assailants in total, all wearing long yellow robes. The 2 that tripped me were women, and for some reason I think that one of the men was a person of some importance.
I also recall seeing an unopened can of yellow paint and a paint brush on the ground.
Orderly Peter Graystone performed a visual check for all inmates listed in the “Catalog of Inmate Internment and Release” records. He found the following inmates missing (and cell doors open):
- Ellen Deepton – paranoid schizophrenic with delusions of a “Gold Crowned King” that will destroy the world
- Isabelle Timeboon – pyromaniac
- Cindy Gryphon – incurable and high-risk nymphomaniac
- Jack Spinkle – bi-polar kleptomaniac
- Carl Sinster – Fairfield Slasher
Crime Scene Clues
- Frank Lowbron’s body shows bruising about the neck and a broken neck. Also, the skull was caved in by a small roughly 2″×3″ object.
- Medical investigation indicates Frank was dead prior to the skull injuries.
- Frank is missing his flask of whiskey.
- Rick has a large welt on the center forehead, but no trauma to the back of the head as he claims.
- Rick is wearing a clean, newly washed coat.
- Bloody smudges on the locked top left drawer. Inside is the gun, with bloody handle.
- The visitation clipboard is missing.
- Records Room contains patient folders. All seem in order, except Ellen Deepton’s contains a Patient Transfer form dated Oct 1, to Bridgeport Medical – although the patient record in the “Catalog of Inmate Internment and Release” on Lowbron’s desk shows no such transfer took place. Transfer papers are suspect: Receiving Orderly signature is illegible with no printed version, and Receiving Doctor is blank.
- In the Orderly’s room, little seems to be out of order other than the normal mess:
- The large iron ring of keys is hanging on the hook inside the closed cabinet
- The patient log with names and room numbers.
- However, the work schedule notepad is missing.